Thursday, May 03, 2007

Car Navigation System

I use the Packard Bell GPS navigation system for my car.

I enter the destination (using road name, building name or postal code). The navigation system guide me along the way and tell me ahead of time, which road to turn into. I can store certain destinations as my favourites, e.g. my home, office or club.

If I have to visit to a new location, I usually ask for the postal code. I also use the navigation system to return home. I find it to be useful at night.

The system has a monitor of about 8 X 6 cm. It is attached to a holder which is fixed to the windscreen. The power is taken from the battery in the car.

I have tried about half a dozen navigation system previously. I found this system to be the best. It is sold for slightly less than $800 in Funan Center.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I travel quite a bit in the US where GPS navigation systems are aplenty.

One thing I learn from these folks is that you should never store your home address in it. Instead, you should designate a nearby location such that you would be able to take the car the rest of the way home once you hit that check point.

This is in case your vehicle gets stolen along with personal items like house keys and that the thief would not be able to find his way to your home.

oinkoinkallthewayhome said...

I have no doubt GPS systems are wonderful. As with all technology, it comes with a downside to it. Hopefully, we do not become totally dependent on it and allow it to replace our ability to read a map and find our way around.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you JayWalk, that sounds like a very safe thing to do. I just got a navigation system for my car. It works really well... have not seen a downside yet Mr. oinkoink. Mine has been working like a charm, I love it. It's a Pioneer AVIC-Z3 nav. system. It made #1 on the best list at this site my friend sent me to. If you ever need help finding a product that won't leave you hanging this site helped me out http://bestcovery.com/node/9675

Blog Archive