Saturday, June 09, 2007

How to make a fire insurance claim

Dear Mr Tan,

My flat burned down. What are the procedure I should follow? I have insured with company X. My upstair neighbours were asking if I have 3rd party insurance. I have none. For my upstair neighbours, what actions I can take?

------------------------

REPLY:

As you have taken a policy from company X, you should make a report to your insuer. They will help you on your claim. You can also approach the insurance agent who sold the policy to you.

Normally, a fire policy will cover your liability to the neighbours as well. You can check with your insurer. I hope that you will not find any problem in the settlement of this claim.

1 comment:

James said...

Dear Mr Tan,

My shop recently caught fire and i am making the claim to insurance. Can i kindly ask what can i claim for other than the property claims? For example, is it possible for me to claim the hours lost during the fire (opportunity cost of money since i have to stop my business for a few days) and is there any other things that i can claim for?

Blog Archive