Friday, October 26, 2007

My first ride on LRT (Light Rail Transport)

I took my first ride on the LRT today. I took the MRT (NE line) to Sengkang Station and changed to the LRT. I took the East Loop and the West Loop.

It was a pleasant ride, and allowed me to view the entire Sengkang estate from an elevated level.

The LRT is a good system. I hope that it will be built in more towns in Singapore, including the old towns.

With a good public transport system, more people can do without a private car. This will reduce congestion on the roads and reduce the need for more car parks. It is a hassle to drive on congested roads and to find a parking space.

5 comments:

Khiat Han Hwee Adrian said...

You have not tried walking from the LRT Station back to the housing estates.

As LRT stations are further aparts compared to bus stops in the past, we have to walk a longer distance home. Its tiring climbing up and down the station and walk a long distance back home.

The best thing is, they remove all feeder buses to force us use LRT.

This will make sure SMRT or SBS Transit will make money.

hongjun said...

What I don't like is when we transit from LRT to MRT or vice versa, the cost incurred is ridiculous! Jump from one operator to another operator cause the jump?!?!

Anyone around here, please share your comments on this.

hopefish  said...

hi sir, you should try LRT in bukit panjang..not a good system at all..slow and pause too long at each station...

hopefish  said...

hi sir,
do try the LRT ride from choa chu kang...it is not as efficient as LRT in east...

hongjun said...

and it's expensive to cross from LRT to MRT. More than $2 if not wrong. Anyone can confirm for me? It has been some months since I last took LRT. The price is ridiculous.

hongjun

Blog Archive