Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Make a direct claim against your insurer

A motorist left the workshop to make a claima against NTUC Income. The workshop inflated the bill and submitted the claim through a lawyer. We disputed the claim.

The motorist sent an e-mail to me directly. He complained that we were not fair in handling this claim and labelled it as "Unfair Insurance Practice".

Here is my reply:

-----------------------------------

Dear

It appears that you are insured with another insurance company and you wish to make a third party claim against NTUC Income.

Under our fair practice, you should contact us directly and allow us to settle the claim with you, Apparently, you did not.

You asked the workshop to handle the claim for you. The workshop probably submitted a claim that is much higher than the cost of
repair that can be done by our workshop.

There is also the question about liability. Is the truck insured by NTUC Income liable for the accident? This has to be
established.

I want you to realise that you have caused a lot of problem to us by your unfair approach. But I realise that you were not aware
about it.

I will ask xxxxxxx to look into this case, and see if he can help to expediate the matter. I hope that you agree with my
view.

Tan Kin Lian
CEO, NTUC Income

No comments:

Blog Archive