Wednesday, June 07, 2006

What is the secret of success for NTUC Income?

I presented a paper on branding at a conference. One question asked is, "How much of the success of NTUC Income is due to the personal contribution of Tan Kin Lian?"

My reply:

The success of NTUC Income is largely driven by its core values:

- quality products
- low cost
- fair treatment of policyholders

As a cooperative, we do not seek to make excessive profits for shareholders. We distribute most of our surplus to our policyholders.

Over the years, I work hard to get the my colleagues to feel passionate about our cooperative values, and look after the best interest of our customers. This strategy will ensure the long term success of NTUC Income.

As the CEO, my task is to articulate the cooperative values and to communicate it actively through various channels. I use my blog to help to pass this message.

No comments:

Blog Archive