Here are my views about investing in properties at the present time.
If you are eligible for a new HDB flat, it is an attractive investment. You may qualify for some Government grant as well.
I know of someone who bought a 5 room HDB flat next to Redhill MRT station for $380,000 (including renovation) recently. A private property in the same locality would cost $1 million.
The new HDB flats are built to a high standard. They are almost as good as a private property.
I hesitate to invest in private property at the current high price. It may not be sustainable over the next few years. It reminds me of the situation in 1996.
- ► 2013 (302)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
08/26 - 09/02
- Unethical practices
- Several living policies
- Saving for a child's education
- Equity or Currency Link Insturments
- Compulsory Annuity
- Money market Fund
- Hedge Fund Managers
- Impartial advice
- Look for low cost products
- Pay back for a part time degree
- Low cost products for ordinary people
- Kabuki Performance in Tokyo
- Cool Biz Wear for Summer
- Investing in properties
- Top up special account of family members
- STI Exchange Traded Fund
- Sufficient for 100 years
- How to buy term insurance
- Talk on Managing Your Finance
- Some tips on medical Insurance
- ▼ 08/26 - 09/02 (20)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)