Friday, January 09, 2009

New business ideas

A reader of my blog is curious about my intention to publish a survey about booking for a taxi by SMS.

I am developing a new business to allow customers to book for a taxi using SMS for $1. The technology is almost ready. My survey indicate that many commuters are interested to use this service. My challenge now is to enrol taxi drivers to join this service.

I also want to develop a new business to offer surveys to SMEs at a modest cost. This allows them to gather information from their customers, business associates and employees. It helps them to improve their business.

The cost of a survey is $100. It is affordable. The value of the information is worth a lot more. Some people are familiar with the use of Survey Monkey. They can get the survey done for free. But other business owners, who are not familar with this software, have the option to pay $100 to get this survey done for them.

The curious people may also ask - why am I developing these new businessses, when I am quite well off and able to retire. I hope to pass the businesses to younger people, so that they have meaningful jobs and a good future.

3 comments:

Parka said...

I've always wondered if it is better to have taxi drivers not drive their cabs around and waste their petrol. Instead, using the SMS service, they can appear when required. This will save the drivers petrol and the passengers waiting time, also cuts down on uncertainty. Business model of course is a separate issue.

Anonymous said...

Are you planning to set up a property portal as well?

ZD said...

Shouldn't you have a SMS together with an online booking system?
Btw Comfort already has the SMS system. Take a look at the charges when you are in one the next time

Blog Archive