FISCA wish to look for volunteers to help consumers to verify the financial products (including insurance policies) that they have bought.
The consumer will be asked to state what they have been informed about the product and the materials that were provided.
The volunteer (who must have the required certificate in insurance or investments) will check through the materials to explain if the verbal representations correspond with the written materials.
The volunteer will also point out if there are other facts (such as high upfront charges) contained in the materials that were not explained to the consumer.
If there was mis-representation or failure to provide satisfaction explanation by the person who sold the product, the volunteer will help the consumer to write a complaint to the relevant body. The admin fee will be $50.
If you are interested to be a volunteer, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ► 2013 (307)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
09/20 - 09/27
- RED Portal (Real Estate Data)
- Free market (4) Access to information
- Misleading ad for single premium policy
- Hong Kong investor gets help from the Consumer Cou...
- Risk of signing blank forms
- RED Portal (13) - Popular Places
- Control over reckless bankers
- People in charge really don't care
- Survey: New HDB flats
- Unfair treatment of consumers
- Lost trust in insurance companies and bank
- Free market (3) - A fair price
- Survey: HDB Resale Flat
- RED Portal (12) - Rent your property
- Banks' usury practices
- Financial regulation in UK
- Make Medishield available without underwriting dur...
- RED Portal (12) - Concourse Skyline
- Free market (2) - a regulated market
- Free Market (1)
- A bad culture in Singapore
- Worrying lesson from Japan
- Slow recovery of global economy
- Express bus in Singapore
- Use "funny language" to confuse the policyholder
- President Obama's speech to the United Nations
- Whistle blower of a rating agency
- Emphasis on Growth is misguided
- Long wait for a bus
- RED Portal (11) - Compass Height
- Self insurance for health
- RED Portal (10) - Top BMP, AMX, Popular Places
- Unfair reduction in bonus
- Highest life expectancy
- Difficult and costly to get a taxi
- RED Portal (9)
- Invest in stocks for the long term
- Work close to home
- 14 day free look period for insurance
- Animal Farm - a production by SMU students
- FISCA - assistance to consumers
- Convenience of a car
- Never buy on the spot
- The dubious value of "talent"
- Medishield - MOH misinterpreted my suggestion
- Car sharing using electric vehicle
- Bankers returning to bad old ways
- Views on Financial Planning book
- Is the automated vehicle safe?
- Shape Quiz
- Clubs for the jobless in America
- Learning from facts, not beliefs
- FISCA - Verification of Financial products
- Protecting consumers from scams
- Using subsidised wards (B2)
- Think cooperation and win-win
- YOG Quiz
- FISCA volunteers - write complaints to Police.
- RED Portal (8) - Search by sector
- Role of public and private sectors
- Make traditional policies good for consumers
- Arbitrary decisions on health insurance claims
- ▼ 09/20 - 09/27 (63)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)