Someone asked my views about the slogan "cheaper, better and faster" to ensure that the workers in Singapore will continue to have jobs in the competitive global environment.
My first thought was, "this is an innovative slogan". However, on further analysis, I am worried about this slogan. If our workers can be cheaper, better and faster, surely this will lead to more profits. Will the workers have any share in this profit? But the slogan said that the workers will be "cheaper", i.e. earn less.
I think that the slogan should be "better, faster and more". "More" means that the workers can earn more by helping to produce the increased profits when they are "better and faster".
I also believe that there should be a balance between "working harder" and "have a better quality of life". There is no point in working too hard at the expense of health and family.
Tan Kin Lian
- ► 2013 (306)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
11/01 - 11/08
- Willing to make decisions
- Hong Kong tightens sale of deriviaties
- Reduce travelling time, cost and congestion
- Intelligence Quiz - Online
- Buying a home
- Rechargeable Torchlight
- Build up the public opinion
- Politics and MRT
- Rechargeable torchlight with locator - as gift for...
- India is worrying about lower demand for jobs
- Broaden the tax base
- GST is unnecessary for Singapore
- Cost of Borrowing
- Rountable on social and political issues
- Congested roads and lost productivity
- Insuring your risks
- Health care system in Taiwan
- Bubble in property market
- Help small business hire again
- TKL Financial Planning
- Patient voices and insurance
- Term Insurance for 25 years
- Exchange traded fund (ETF)
- Freedom of the press
- Rainmakers in Wall Street
- Democracy as practiced in China
- Singapore's public transport lags behind Hong Kong...
- Investing in Life Insurance
- Too big to fail
- Start a Financial Plan
- Loyalty and National Service
- Better, faster and more
- Fourth generation leaders
- Gender of a computer
- Improve the last mile in public transport
- Super Sudoku
- Observation by David Cherbronnier
- Dependent adults - victims or spoiled brats?
- Need to put things right in Singapore
- SCMP:SFC seeks to regulate minibonds
- ▼ 11/01 - 11/08 (40)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)