Thursday, July 14, 2011

President Lula of Brazil

I spoke to my friend from Tunisia that I will be contesting the Presidential election in Singapore and that I come from an ordinary background. He told me that President Lula of Brazil also come from a humble background and was a trade union leader. He served two terms successfully and passed the position to his successor. I researched about President Lula and found this interesting commentary in Wikipedia.


  • Lula served 2 terms as president and left office on January 1, 2011. During his farewell speech he said he felt an additional burden to prove that he could handle the presidency despite his humble beginnings. "If I failed, it would be the workers' class which would be failing; it would be this country's poor who would be proving they did not have what it takes to rule."


1 comment:

Sureesh said...

yes President Lula did do a lot of good for Brazil, eventhough he was not well educated. It does show that you do not have to be highly qualified to be an outstanding leader.

Blog Archive