Friday, November 18, 2011

The world’s local bank... but I wish it wasn’t!

Contributed by Anthony Hobrow


I am trying to get my partner a joint bank account with me and a credit card. This will take two weeks the bank says. BUT worse is that the bank regards this as a new relationship requiring another minimum holding of S$200,000. This is for a customer who has been loyal to this bank for 43 years!! So if I complied I would have S$400,000 on deposit with this bank, earning almost zero interest. Luckily I had my London branch manager fix it for me and I have not had to do the deposits. I am not sure it is good that this bank is the world’s local bank – it seems to me they are hugely better in London than here in Singapore. Ten days on and I still don’t have the new cards or accounts!!


They even told me I couldn’t change my relationship manager unless I started a new account. Believe me, we have no relationship and a fresh start with someone new is in the interests of both me and the bank!


Anthony Hobrow
Direct Asia

1 comment:

zhummmeng said...

You are right. What relationship? Maybe relationship is about how much they can make out of you or how much you can contribute to their coffer.
Relationship is based on money just like relationship with insurance salesmen is based on commission.

Blog Archive