Monday, October 02, 2017

Grab fares are too high

I finished my meeting at Thomson View at 10 pm and wanted to call a Grab home. They advertised that I get a $4 discount for the whole month of October.

The Grabshare ride gave a fare of $15 and a statement that the promotion does not apply. Read the T&C. This is a shared ride which usually take 10 mins to arrive.

The Grabcar ride cost $20. I am not sure if the promotion applies. There was a statement that the fare is high due to demand.

Is this true? It is 10 pm on a Monday night. It is too early for the late night patrons to go home. It is not raining. Grab drivers do not need to change shift.

The normal taxi fare is $11 to $14. So the Grab fare,net of promotion, is still higher than normal taxi.

Perhaps, the investors are tired about the large sums incurred by Grab on the promotions and are asking for profit. If so, Grab is now charging higher prices to recoup some of the losses. This strategy will not work. Passengers will go for normal taxi.

In my case, I walked to the bus stop and take my regular 163. The fare is $0.75. The ride is comfortable, air con, and I have a seat all the way.

Sorry, Grab. Your business strategy will not work.








No comments:

Blog Archive