Monday, January 01, 2018

Bad experience with AIA Financial Guardian

Chin Hua Yak posted this comment about AIA Financial Guardian.

It was the first policy I bought immediately after I got my first job after graduation. Although, I studied Financial Maths and was para-legal trained, it was my first "real" lesson on "Misrepresentation" ... lol. I made a thick submission on my own case to AIA's self appointed adjudicator but no point ... Up till now, they are still deducting "money" from my account to pay the premiums ... But I opted not to pay them any more premiums ... although my 3rd party agent, a relative; advised me to continue to pay more premiums which around year 2000 would require me to pay until age 90+ yo to breakeven ... lol.

Just imagine that ... if I put all the premium monies into a saving account and compound it at just 2%, say by year 15; it would have more than doubled twice in 15-30 year by now, or by another X 4 or 5 times by age 90+ ... lol. Don't forget in those days of high interest rates, simply 5-10% returns or yield without any problem ... My estimate above would be compounded by several more folds ... lol.

No comments:

Blog Archive