Monday, June 24, 2019

Learn from New York Times on getting subscriptions

I just subscribed to New York Times for $1 USD a week for 1 year. After 1 year, it increases to $3 a week. I am allowed to cancel the subscription at any time.
I find the weekly fee to be fair and attractive. That is why I signed.
I may continue after the first year at $3 a week, as I find it to be acceptable. However, I will decide later. It depends on how often I access the website.
The registration procedure is simple. I am allowed to sign in with Facebook, which I did. I pay using Paypal.
The entire process was completed within 1 minute.
I like to give this suggestion to Singapore Press Holdings. Follow the New York Times. You are likely to get more subscribers to your newspapers.
As a feedback. A week ago, I tried to sign up with Business Times. I gave up as I find the pricing (after the promotion period) to be too high. The registration process was complicated.

1 comment:

fairplay said...

I have a similar idea. The subscription rate is too high after the first 6 months special rate. If at $5 a month, I would subscribe I believe ST can be more profitable at this rate. Presently I refrain from reading any article by the ST because I cannot read the full article without subscribing and it becomes frustrating.

Blog Archive