Sunday, December 22, 2019

Helpful PRC nationals

Forest City provides a free shuttle from the transportation hub to Bukit Indah mall at scheduled hours. I went to the transportation hub to take the free shuttle.

I could not find a bus marked with Forest City. Instead, I saw a Causeway Link bus. The bus was nearly full, occupied by PRC nationals.

I asked if the bus was going to Bukit Indah Mall. Yes, it was. I asked what was the fare.

Several of the passengers answered in Chinese - it is free.

This was actually the free shuttle arranged by Forest City. They engaged Causeway Link to provide the shuttle service. The bus carried the Causeway Link name and was not repainted with Forest City colors.

After the shopping in Bukit Indah, I had to catch the return shuttle at the scheduled time. I was not sure where the pickup point was.

There were a queue of people down the road. Most of them looked like PRC nationals. I asked them - is this the pickup point for the shuttle bus to Forest City.

The gentleman answered - yes it was. He explained the expected arrival time and departure time.

That was very helpful.

I found the PRC nationals on both occasions to be helpful and alert. They were quick to give helpful answers, and were not shy.

Perhaps they were the more wealthy people, as they must have bought a property in Forest City and are staying there on holiday or more permanently.

I have read about PRC nationals misbehaving badly outside of China. But I have also seen PRC nationals that behaved in a helpful manner.


No comments:

Blog Archive