Saturday, September 03, 2005

Handle issues at the proper level

As the CEO, I am available to my customers. I give my e-mail address for them to contact me directly.

Some of our customers are not considerate. They will ask me to handle an issue that can be handled through my colleague.

Here is an example. A policyholder receives a bill that he has already settled. He sends me a complaint that "the bill has already been settled".

My reply to the customer: "I believe that the bill tells you where you can call to make an enquiry. Frankly, I am the CEO but not the person who handles every enquiry. I will pass your enquiry to my officer. "

I hope that people can be more considerate.

4 comments:

Ivan Chew said...

Mr Tan, I have half a mind to quote your reply to customers who insist on "speaking to higher authorities" whenever they feel they don't get their way :)

Frankly I don't believe all customers are always right. There are the minority who makes majority of the noise, and ultimately this affects service levels to the rest of the customers who deserve our attention.

Sometimes, I wonder if organisations have inadvertently spoilt customers
[Comments here are strictly my own and does not reflect the views of my employer]

Froggy said...

Hi Mr Tan, I really emphatise with your situation.

I used to work in at Phillip Capital as a tech-support and there are times when these customers who expected me to resolve a porblem arising from the internet service provider.

Then again Singaporean LOVE to complain wat .. Prove me wrong!

Mockingbird said...

Dear Mr Tan,

Perhaps you have made yourself to be a tad too available. So much so to the extent some customers think you will avail yourself to serve their every need, even the smallest one. Ha.

Most CEOs seem very detached from
the ground level of employees of their company, let alone their day to day customers. You have proven to be a very different one. You've done a good job. Keep up the good work :)

ziana roy said...

Thank you for sharing such great information.
It has help me in finding out more detail about disability insurance

Blog Archive