Saturday, November 26, 2005

Tip: save 10% of your monthly salary

The training manager of a large company told me that they have 5,000 employees, who earn an average of $1,500 a month. Most of them do not have any savings. They spend all of their earnings.

What is my advice for them?

Here is my reply.

- Save 10% of your monthly earnings
- You may need the savings in an emergency, eg loss of job or pay medical bill
- Do not buy a life insurance plan - it penalise you when you take out the savings
- Invest in a flexible plan, such as the Ideal plan from NTUC Income
- 100% of your savings is invested from the first month
- you can earn an attractive return, ie better than bank deposit

The training manager was convinced. He wanted to arrange for his employees to attend my educational talk.

1 comment:

ziana roy said...


Thank you for sharing such great information.
It has help me in finding out more detail about health insurance coverage

Blog Archive