Two visitors posted in my blog - that is is better to invest in a unit trust with a term rider, instead of investing in a investment linked plan. They asked for my views.
Generally, they are correct. Many ILPs have high charges and take away 1 or 2 years of savings. They also have the front end and annual spread.
The Ideal plan from NTUC Income is different. It invest 100% of the regular savings from the first month (like a unit trust). The front end spread is 3.5% and the annual charge is less than 1%. A unit trust usually has a front end spread of 5% and an annual charge of up to 2%.
By investing in our Ideal plan, the investor may be able to get 5% to 10% more over a period of 10 years - from our lower charges. It is better than invest in our Ideal plan (and select our Combined Fund) that a unit trust.
Do attend our educational talk on the combined fund. The schedule of the talk is found at: www.income.coop/seminar/
- ► 2013 (302)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
12/11 - 12/18
- MMS initiative has got off to an encouraging start...
- Policyholder is happy with our review
- How can we serve our policyholders better in 2006?...
- Know Your Insurance
- Saving for your child
- Is Incomeshield adequate?
- More educational talks
- Ideal Plan is better than Unit Trusts
- Survey: Insurance needs of young parents
- Survey: Insurance needs of young people
- Buy term assurance to protect your family
- Q&A on medical insurance
- ▼ 12/11 - 12/18 (12)