Some insurers advertises the value of critical illness cover. But, they do not tell you about the cost of their product.
The critical illness cover is marketd by an adviser who earns a large commission. You have to pay about 150% of your annual premium in distribution cost. If your annual premium is $3,000, you have to pay $4,500 for the advice.
The cost of the critical illness cover is additional to the above. And the profit taken by the insurance company is another significant portion.
In fact, the actual cost of the insurance is quite low (based on the percentage of people who make a claim). The expenses take away a large part of the premium.
If you buy a similar product from NTUC Income, the distribution cost is about half of the market average. We take away a very small portion as profit for shareholders.
For most of our products, we are able to pay a much higher return to our policyholder, for the same premium and amount of cover. The difference is about 15% for a 20 year policy, and can be higher, if the policy is kept for a longer period.
- ► 2013 (345)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
10/08 - 10/15
- Exchange traded fund
- My personal website
- A new way to get insurance service
- Poor follow up by insurance agent
- Easy for workshop to make a third party claim
- Choose an insurer based on its actual return to po...
- Consultant gives fair and objective advice
- Faster processing of Incomeshield claims
- Fierce competition for motor insurance
- Supplementary Retirement Scheme (SRS)
- Comparsion of cost and returns for Critical Illnes...
- Does Incomeshield cover Hypertension and Diabetes?...
- How to get Critial Illness Cover at a lower cost
- 27% market share in health insurance
- ▼ 10/08 - 10/15 (14)
- ► 2005 (159)