Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Should I get a return for my life insurance savings

Dear Mr Tan,

I read your blog about low cost term insurance. But, my agent said that this does not give any return to me. He advised me to buy a life insurance policy that gives me a return on maturity. What is your advice to me?

CT

-----------------

Dear CT

Many insurance agents like their customer to buy an endowment or whole life policy, as the agent can earn a high rate of commission on the premium.

But, this makes the insurance too expensive and is not good for the customer.

It is better to buy a low cost term insurance (even if there is no return on the premium) and to invest the savings in a fund. Here are my tips:

Tips

Here are the information on the suitable plans:

Low cost Term Insurance
Invest in a Fund

No comments:

Blog Archive