It is expensive to take a taxi in Singapore. A short trip in the business district can cost $10.
The high taxi fares is due to the following:
* it is expensive to operate a taxi, due to high rental, ERP and other charges
* there is heavy demand for taxis
Why is there a heavy demand?
Many people find it difficult to take a bus. They may know their regular bus service to their home or workplace, but they usually do not know how to take a bus to other destinations. They have to rely on taxis.
What is the solution?
I suggest that local services should be introduced to move commuters within a town (or the business district) and to the nearby MRT station or bus terminus.
For example, a town like Ang Mo Kio could be served by 4 local services (A, B, C and D). It is easy to display the maps of the local services at the bus stops. The business district could also be served by a few local services.
It is time to re-think our public transport system.
- ► 2013 (303)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
06/03 - 06/10
- Walking Trail in Hamilton Island
- How to make a fire insurance claim
- Hamilton Island, Australia
- Token of appreciation
- High cost of living in Australia
- Extra charge for using credit card
- Taxi Fares in Singapore
- Sunrise at Daydream Island, Australia
- Saving for children's education - Australia
- Expensive watches
- Financial products in Australia
- Rabobank Certs Series 1
- Travel Insurance
- Be careful of alternative investments
- University of New South Wales
- Bold steps needed to solve the taxi shortage
- A better taxi service
- Buy a policy for the son
- Money Market Fund
- Annuity for a young person
- Yield of 4% p.a. on endowment plan
- NTUC Income shares
- Traded Endowment Policies
- Great Barrier Reef, Australia
- Skype to Skype
- Bus to Kuala Lumpur
- Learn about structured products
- Reduce demand for taxis
- ▼ 06/03 - 06/10 (28)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)