I worry about the escalating property prices in Singapore.
Although it started with the properties in the prime districts, it has moved to the fringe districts. It will raise the prices of HDB properties in due course.
The increase in property values will not benefit owners who have a single property. They cannot realise the gain as they have to buy another property at a higher price, unless they choose to downgrade to a smaller property.
The higher prices will be a burden to the younger generation. They will find it more expensive to afford a property.
It is better for Singapore, if the property prices are kept at a modest level, and not allowed to escalate out of control.
- ► 2013 (348)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
05/27 - 06/03
- High property prices in Singapore
- Traffic in Jakarta
- Manchester United: A lesson in leadership
- Insurance Agent
- Family Insurance Plan
- Invest in Government Bonds
- Pinnacles Notes Series 7
- Dispute on third party claim
- Bus to Kuala Lumpur
- Visit to Jakarta
- Expensive Taxi Ride
- More trains for a comfortable ride
- Switch 50% of investments into the Balanced Fund
- Yield on Single Premium Endowment
- Make the chemistry right
- Business Simulation Training
- Public Transport in Kuala Lumpur
- Selecting winning funds
- Repay loan on a HDB flat
- Invest in a single premium endowment
- Jubilee Series Link Earner Notes
- Fair Dealing
- Wrong trade entered into SGX
- Building A Great Society
- ▼ 05/27 - 06/03 (24)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)