Thursday, July 26, 2007

A better way to reward customers

I find the reward programs operated by many businesses, i.e. banks, telcos, to be wasteful:

* they cost a lot of money to operate
* is quite complicated
* incurs a lot of printing and mailing cost
* give little value to their customers

I prefer that these businesses reward their customers in a simpler way:

* accumulate the amount of credits
* give them a cash rebate, based on the credit, at the end of the year

I hope that they can reduce cost, and give better benefit to their customers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think they are doing all these just because it's hard to create real value.

Look at the mobile telecommunication industry. All I ask for is good reception and customer service at low cost.

I don't need all the purportedly fanciful lifestyle and image which are transmited through the invisible radio waves. (It might make more sense for cell phone makers to do so.)

Work hard to attend to simple needs in a simple way!

Blog Archive