Thursday, August 16, 2007

Collapse of the stockmarket

I have been waiting for more than six months for the right time to invest in the Singapore stockmarket.

My target entry point is 2,700 on the ST Index (representing a drop of 25% from the peak of 3,600).

It may not reach this level, so I may start to invest in small amounts from the STI level of 3,000. This is likely to occur within a few days time.

I heard that Warren Buffet had started to invest in some banks (with little CDO expsoure). He has decided that the current prices represents good value. Although the market may drop another 10% or so, he has decided that it is time to start accumulating.

My choice of funds are:

* The STI trakker fund in SGX
* The global equity fund managed by NTUC Income

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr Tan,

for global Equity, this represents a drop of 6.5%. Is it still worth it to wait for a little while and convert from NTUC money market?

Blog Archive