Sunday, November 11, 2007

Dubai - work around the clock

I woke up at 3 am Dubai time. There is a time difference of 4 hours, so it is 7 a.m. in Singapore.

I went to the hotel lobby to access the wireless internet. I was surprised to find that the lobby was brightly lighted and that several people were busy with work. It seems to be in the evening hours, rather than the early morning. Dubai never sleeps!

In my hotel, there were many workers from mainland China providing front line service. They speak English well. Previously, these jobs were filled by workers from India or the Philippines.

2 comments:

hongjun said...

Perhaps they have a project to submit? If I am correct, Dubai's weekdays are Friday and Saturday.


hongjun

Anonymous said...

Tan Kin Lian, what are you talking about? Of course, the hotel lobby was brightly lit.

Which proper hotel does not light the lobby? Hotels operate 24hrs and their lobbies are always lit. Please check your facts.

Blog Archive