Monday, November 12, 2007

Public transport in Dubai

I visited the Deira City Center Mall.

I wanted to take a taxi to return to my hotel. The taxi queue was long. I asked the shop attendant how long it I had to wait in the queue. She estimated 30 minutes.

I went to look for an alternative. I wanted to take a bus or shuttle that will take me to another location. I might be easier to find a taxi from there. Several people could not give me the direction to the bus stop.

I returned to the taxi queue. I finally managed to get into a taxi after waiting in the queue for over 1 hour.

The public transport in Dubai is inadequate. It is difficult to get a taxi and buses are hardly used. Most people depend on a car, and the roads are congested.

1 comment:

Tan Kin Lian said...

When I take a bus from the MRT station to my home, I usually have to wait for less than 10 minutes.

This is much better than 1 1/2 hours waiting for a taxi in the shopping center in Dubai.

There must be more than 100 people in the queue ahead of me. All of them had to wait for the same length of time.

They do not complain. They got used to the system.

Blog Archive