Dear Mr. Tan,
I read recently that insurance companies lost a lot of money on motor insurance and will be increasing their premium rates soon. Will this apply to NTUC as well?
I used to enjoy lower premiums from NTUC. Now I am worried that they will be increasing their premium rates, due to the lax claim control and poor management, e.g. the high payout for Jonathan Lock's case.
I understand that all insurance companies will have to increase their premium rates, and this is likely to be the same for NTUC Income. I do not know what is the percentage increase.
If you get the renewal notice, you should compare the rate with the previous year. If the increase is more than 10 percent, you should get a quotation by telephone from a few insurance companies. You may be able to get a better rate, if you call them directly.
Wish you all the best.
- ► 2018 (605)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
12/02 - 12/09
- High Oil Price
- Live near your place of work
- Don't Mess Around with Old People
- Alpha (Investment)
- Medical Insurance
- SuperSIV Bailout Fund
- Invest in Low Cost Funds
- Decreasing Term Insurance for the Young
- Financial Planning and Inflation
- Do you really understand structured products?
- No Lock-in Period
- Endowment and whole life products
- Know what you'll get from your investment
- Little Red.SG
- Invest the Difference
- Critical illness premium
- Are you on the sucker's list?
- Avoid ILP policy with high charge
- Mud Flood in Indonesia
- Insurance for a lady
- Term Insurance is guaranteed for the duration
- Articles by Dr Money - MUST READ
- Structured Product with Guaranteed Return
- Remain invested until 90 years old
- Tips on insurance for a new Graduate
- Low cost investment fund
- 9 things to ask your insurance adviser
- Visit the Adviser
- Reduce business costs
- Get adequate coverage
- Traffic accident - How to lodge a claim
- Compensation for Injuries in Traffic Accidents
- Motor Insurance Quote
- Discipline of regular savings
- Measures to improve the taxi service
- Want to buy life insurance?
- Look after the best interest of policyholders
- All you need is $250 a month
- Term to 65
- Secure Portal for Financial Information
- Flexible Savings Plan
- Hidden Expenses of Unit Trusts and ILPs
- Education Fund and Inflation
- Are you paying too much for your insurance?
- Sinking Funds of Town Councils
- Higher Motor Insurance
- Pension in Australia
- Impact of inflation on financial planning
- Invest in Gold
- Life in Taipei
- The 3 Most Timelss Investment Principles
- ▼ 12/02 - 12/09 (51)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)