It was reported that taxi drivers are asking for a fare hike to compensate for their higher oeprating cost, due to higher price of diesel and ERP charges.
I sympathesize with the plight of the taxi drivers, as they have to work long hours to make a living.
Apart from higher fares, I suggest that we should look into ways to improve the efficiency of our taxi usage. Some taxi drivers are reluctant to ply in certain areas, in case they are not able to find a passenger to pick up the ERP charges. This is inefficent usage of taxis.
I suggest the following measures:
1. Increase the flag down and distance fare to compensate for the higher operating cost.
2. Reduce the calling fee, to encourage more commuters to call a taxi by telephoneand reduce the need for a taxi to ply the road to look for a passenger.
3. Allow a taxi to pay a flat daily fee, in lieu of ERP charges.
- ► 2013 (304)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
12/02 - 12/09
- High Oil Price
- Live near your place of work
- Don't Mess Around with Old People
- Alpha (Investment)
- Medical Insurance
- SuperSIV Bailout Fund
- Invest in Low Cost Funds
- Decreasing Term Insurance for the Young
- Financial Planning and Inflation
- Do you really understand structured products?
- No Lock-in Period
- Endowment and whole life products
- Know what you'll get from your investment
- Little Red.SG
- Invest the Difference
- Critical illness premium
- Are you on the sucker's list?
- Avoid ILP policy with high charge
- Mud Flood in Indonesia
- Insurance for a lady
- Term Insurance is guaranteed for the duration
- Articles by Dr Money - MUST READ
- Structured Product with Guaranteed Return
- Remain invested until 90 years old
- Tips on insurance for a new Graduate
- Low cost investment fund
- 9 things to ask your insurance adviser
- Visit the Adviser
- Reduce business costs
- Get adequate coverage
- Traffic accident - How to lodge a claim
- Compensation for Injuries in Traffic Accidents
- Motor Insurance Quote
- Discipline of regular savings
- Measures to improve the taxi service
- Want to buy life insurance?
- Look after the best interest of policyholders
- All you need is $250 a month
- Term to 65
- Secure Portal for Financial Information
- Flexible Savings Plan
- Hidden Expenses of Unit Trusts and ILPs
- Education Fund and Inflation
- Are you paying too much for your insurance?
- Sinking Funds of Town Councils
- Higher Motor Insurance
- Pension in Australia
- Impact of inflation on financial planning
- Invest in Gold
- Life in Taipei
- The 3 Most Timelss Investment Principles
- ▼ 12/02 - 12/09 (51)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)