Dear Mr Tan,
I have a AIA financial guardian policy purchased in 1990. My premiums are paid annually all these years. Last year, I decided to surrender the policy. I sent the form through the mail, as the former insurance agent has long left the company.
Two months later, I received a letter from AIA informing me that the unpaid premium has been advanced as a policy loan. The customer service hotline told me that I needed to put up a Request to change the payment of the premium to quarterly mode so that they can refund me on pro-rated basis of the APL amount.
Please advise me what action I can take against AIA if they still insist that they did not have the change of request form and refuse to refund me the pro-rated amount of the loan outstanding that they have deducted.
It is not fair for the insurance company to impose administrative barriers that will cause you to lose money. You can lodge a complaint with FIDREC. See www.fidrec.com.sg.
- ► 2013 (306)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
05/03 - 05/10
- Promises made at the NTUC Income AGM in 2008
- NTUC Income's Bonus Cut
- Scenes from Vancouver, Canada
- SCMP:Sanctions loom in Lehman investigation
- Perils of global banking
- Electric powered vehicle
- Pleasant weather in Vancouver, Canada
- Low Job Satisfaction
- Lower alert level for Influenza A (H1N1)
- Strong recovery in Singapore stockmarket
- Survey: Competition and Fair Trading
- Are bonuses declared fairly?
- SCMP: Minibond meetings
- China Daily: are leaders retired?
- May the rulers be righteous
- Available for rental: Thomson View #17-xx
- Insurance company disallow revival of policy
- Advice from three religion on how to handle debt
- Terminating existing policies
- Contractor Particulars
- Are we over-reacing to Influence A (H1N1)?
- Is Singapore over-populated with foreigners?
- Unfair treatment of policyholders
- Surrender of AIA poilcy
- Worried about AIA's future
- Financial Guardian - a difficult decision
- Critical year offer - seek advice from CASE
- Wrong advice about bonuses
- ▼ 05/03 - 05/10 (29)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)