Sunday, May 03, 2009

Worried about AIA's future

Dear Mr Tan,
With the current news about AIG I would greatly appreciate your advice on whether I should continue to pay my insurance for Basic Life and Financial Guardian policy with AIA which is due to mature in March 2046.

Would you pay the premium if you were me? Does MAS guarantee any payment for insured products? The policy has been in force for more than 10 years.

REPLY
I suggest that you ask for information about the cash value now and in 5 years time. You can compare the premiums that you will pay for the next 5 years. You can decide whether to continue with the policy. Read my FAQ.

Regarding the security of AIA, you do not need to be concerned about it. AIA policyholders are covered under a separate insurance fund in Singapore. It is also protected by the policyholder protection fund.

You can search my blog for the past articles on this matter. Search "AIA" and see if you can find any of the articles.

No comments:

Blog Archive