Saturday, October 09, 2010

Advice for a retiree

Dear Kin Lian
I read with great interest on  the article "Insurance for a retiree" dated 06
July 2010. I have retired a few years ago and have since invested my assets in
equities, annuities, etc on my own. I would like to review my investments and
would like to have some financial advice for the review. I would appreciate your
kind advice on this matter.

Eddie

   REPLY
Sorry. I am not able to give any specific advice on selecting investments.
My general advice is contained in my book, Practical Guide on Financial Planning (available at www.tankinlian.com/ishop) and in the FAQs in my website, www.tankinlian.com/ask.aspx



3 comments:

zhummmeng said...

You should pay for real good advice..
only insurance agents give 'advice' freely. Why? they have no idea about investment and so the advice is free and because they hope to sell you funds they pretend to give advice on investment.Do you know what they see?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in you.

Unknown said...

Eddie,
If you wanted specific advice, please be pwepared to pay Mr. Tan. Its only fair.

Tan Wa lau

Tan Kin Lian said...

Walau
It is not a matter of paying a fee.

I don't think anyone can give advice on stock selection and timing - even for a fee. The market is unpredictable. They can only give analysis, but the investor has to make his own decision.

If the investor is not sure, invest in an ETF for the long term.

Blog Archive