Friday, October 08, 2010

Over-charging for a simple transaction

Dear Mr. Tan


I would like to share with your readers on my recent experiences with Singnet. 


1. I relocated recently from my home to my mum home. I need to relocate my ADSL line. When I received my bill, I was shocked,there was a relocation charge of $40. I called to enquire on the charges,they told me it was their guideline. I asked why was I charged - no one came to my mum place to do or check anything?  They only need to  key some information to update my address and they are charging a ridiculous sum of $40. They kept saying it's their guideline. Finally,after transferring and putting me on hold, they said,they will waive the charges. 


2. I also recently received a letter stating that I can upgrade my broadband. I called them but they they told me that I was not eligible, because I was still under my previous contract. Whey did they send that offer letter to me? They said that it was sent to all subscribers .i told them - isn't it wasting of my time and his time for me to call and enquire? And also wasting of paper and resources? What if, they sent out 100000 letters and only 10000 are eligible to upgrade? 


The two incidents,really make me 'shocked',especially coming from one of Singapore's biggest company - the amount of money and resources are wasted and good luck to their shareholders! 


MY REPLY
I agree with you that our big trusted companies are now overcharging consumers to increase their profit. I suggest that you write to the St Times about this matter. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My friend was also charge for relocating temporarily for 3 months while he is renovating the house. After hearing this, I drop the idea of swtiching from cable to SingTel. What service are we talking about in Singapore? No money no talk unless you make a fuss out of it. Luckily I am on cable, just plug the modem and move and you can have service at the new location.

Blog Archive