After a week and a reminder, the customer care manager of SingTel finally called me regarding my complaint on the high charges to relocate my telephone and broadband line. She explained the reason for the delay (i.e due to missing e-mail - it happens all the time!) and the need for the charges. It was nice of her to call - which is quite unusual based on the service standard in Singapore.
She followed up with a detailed written explanation on the work that has to be done to make the change (i.e. the re-allocation of resources - just to sound technical and complicated. I know that it is quite a simple matter of making an entry into the computer system.
I wrote a reply, "Can Singtel confirm that the charges reflect the actual cost that is being incurred to make the change?"
Here is the reply, "
Tan Kin Lian
- ► 2013 (308)
- ► 2012 (1270)
02/06 - 02/13
- FISCA Talk on Financial Planning
- FISCA Evaluation of Products
- How to secure our future
- Hard facts on Singapore - Dr. Foo
- Family Life 1.1 - more players
- Better benefits on a new life insurance policy
- Impact of reduction in yield
- FISCA - Financial Services Consumer Association
- SingTel - we charge what we like
- Free market and choice
- Top 5 avatar in Family Life
- Reduction in yield
- Term insurance to age 99 years
- Family Life 1.1 - More winners
- Family Life - Fast Game
- Family Life Cartoonos
- Family Life 1.1 - Two winners
- Family Life 1.1
- SGEP - In search of young voters
- Pedestrian scam - is this real or fabricated?
- Family Life - (game restarted)
- Is life insurance good or bad?
- Track intrusions and suicides
- High cost of motor repair
- Growth fund vs STI ETF
- Lessons from Cairo
- Trading in Forex
- FISCA Talk on Structured Products
- Difficulty in contacting M of Manpower
- A chat with Dr. Shetty
- Prize for Family Life Game
- Prize for Family Life
- Electronic Queuing
- SGEP Editorial on Election Year
- Family Life - compete with your friends
- Overcharging for replacement parts
- CPFTA now applies to financial services
- Dishonest financial advisers and culpable insuranc...
- Are all financial advisers bad?
- Family Life 1.1
- ▼ 02/06 - 02/13 (40)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)