I read in the newspapers that a grandparent queued for several days for a place in the kindergarten for a grandchild. They felt that it was worth putting in the sacrifice for the grandchild. We also read about several day queues for places in primary school and for new property launches.
The several day queues have become ridiculous but is a feature of Singapore life - the outcome of our kiasu syndrome. There is a more sensible way to handle the queue. It is the electronic queue. It is possible to develop a portal to allow a queue to be formed for any type of high preference activity and for electronic balloting to be conducted to find the priority in the queue among all the applicants who submitted their application by a closing date.
Tan Kin Lian
Here is my letter printed in the Straits Times Online Forum.
- ► 2013 (314)
- ► 2012 (1270)
02/06 - 02/13
- FISCA Talk on Financial Planning
- FISCA Evaluation of Products
- How to secure our future
- Hard facts on Singapore - Dr. Foo
- Family Life 1.1 - more players
- Better benefits on a new life insurance policy
- Impact of reduction in yield
- FISCA - Financial Services Consumer Association
- SingTel - we charge what we like
- Free market and choice
- Top 5 avatar in Family Life
- Reduction in yield
- Term insurance to age 99 years
- Family Life 1.1 - More winners
- Family Life - Fast Game
- Family Life Cartoonos
- Family Life 1.1 - Two winners
- Family Life 1.1
- SGEP - In search of young voters
- Pedestrian scam - is this real or fabricated?
- Family Life - (game restarted)
- Is life insurance good or bad?
- Track intrusions and suicides
- High cost of motor repair
- Growth fund vs STI ETF
- Lessons from Cairo
- Trading in Forex
- FISCA Talk on Structured Products
- Difficulty in contacting M of Manpower
- A chat with Dr. Shetty
- Prize for Family Life Game
- Prize for Family Life
- Electronic Queuing
- SGEP Editorial on Election Year
- Family Life - compete with your friends
- Overcharging for replacement parts
- CPFTA now applies to financial services
- Dishonest financial advisers and culpable insuranc...
- Are all financial advisers bad?
- Family Life 1.1
- ▼ 02/06 - 02/13 (40)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)