Wednesday, April 13, 2011

SIA charge higher fares originating from Singapore

Dear Mr. Tan
I read  your comments about the fee of $150 to process a refund, which you said is excessive. I agree with your views.
I like to bring up another point of Singapore Airlines. They charge a high fare for a trip from Singapore to another destination, say X, when the fare from X to Singapore is much lower. Why should SIA charge more in fare ex-Singapore? Are they trying to get naive Singaporeans to pay more, out of ignorance or loyalty to our national airline?

REPLY
I agree with your views. In the past, I was not able to find out the fares of other airlines, so I pay the fare charged by SIA.
I have since found a good website that shows the fares of various airlines. This website is easy to use. I am now able to find out easily, if there are better fares offered by other airlines. I can also find the total travel time, and the options of arrival and departure times.
Now that I have a convenient choice, SIA will have to offer better terms, before I fly with them again.
 The website is: www.webjet.com.sg

1 comment:

ron said...

It is just business.

Use an airline that gives you value for money. It is not mandatory to use your own national airline.

The purpose is to get to X from here.

They can charge whatever they deem the market can bear, and to them, the market is the world, not just Singapore.

Blog Archive