Sunday, November 20, 2011

Selling agents

Contributed by Anthony Hobrow


I had an unsolicited telephone call on my mobile from an Indian outfit purporting to represent HSBC, offering me a loan and/or overdraft facility on great terms. Terms that got instantly much better when I said ”no”! I refused to give my details until I had checked these people out with the bank itself. So I emailed my bank and asked if they were genuine agents; I did this in my interests and in the interests of the bank.


The emailed response I got, 3 days later, was “All banks in general engaged 3rd parties to cross sell their credit products. HSBC does so as well. However I am not sure if Efusion Solutions is one of them, as these are arrangement set up by other departments. “


A wholly disgraceful response. (Nb It subsequently turns out that Efusion is a genuine agent).
Always check out unsolicited calls before revealing any personal details.


Anthony Hobrow
Direct Asia

No comments:

Blog Archive