Thursday, December 01, 2011

Give a reply

I find a common experience of sending an e-mail to a friend or to a business contact, and do not receive a reply. I know that they had received it, because they reply when a send a reminder or a follow up reminder. They do not reply because they do not know how to respond, or the request was not clear, or do not have the complete information. It is almost like talking to someone, who does not talk back - just kept silent. Is this the right way to respond? What is a better way?

2 comments:

Tan Choon Hong said...

If one is busy, a simple reply like “Noted” or “Get back 2 u asap” should suffice, so the sender is happy that the email has been seen.

Weng Mao Fa said...

I had the same experience. They will reply only when help is needed from me.

30 years ago, I had a out of print book. A frient borrowed it and disappear.

After a seminar, a lecturer wrote many eMail asking for my full papers. She disappear after having it.

Blog Archive