Saturday, January 27, 2018

A step forward under the Smart Nation initiative

During the past ten years, I have to submit several online forms each year to several government
websites, including ACRA, IRAS, MOM and SAF.

I have found it quite difficult to search the websites for the relevant online forms after I had logged into the website. I had to search through many links, some of which are hidden under other links, and had to go from one webpage to another.

My recent encounter with the NS Portal (St Trimes Forum 23 January 23018) is just an example.

It would be easier for me if the relevant agency could send to me a link to the relevant online form and the login will direct me immediately to that online form. It would save me a lot of time in wandering around a complicated website.

I have brought up this issue on several occasions to the Pro-Enterprice Panel of the Ministry of Trade
& Industry. They have conveyed my difficulty to the relevant agencies, but nothing could be done to solve the underlying problem posed by a poorly designed website.

On each occasion, I had to spend considerable time to complete an online form, which takes time away from productive business activities. I am sure that many other companies face the same issue.

Perhaps it is time for a government agency to take a look at the design of the government websites and processes, and make it easier for the business sectors to submit their
online forms in a more convenient way.

That would be a step forward under the Smart Nation initiative

No comments:

Blog Archive