Thursday, January 11, 2018

Australian superannuation fund gives excellent return in 2017

Daniel Yong is now working in Australia. He sent this message about the return on his superannuation fund. It gave a return much better than the return paid by our Central Provident Fund in Singapore.

Hi Kin Lian,

Just thought I'll drop you a note on how my own superannuation is doing for me. Whenever I get an update like this I'm so thankful I'm here and not in Spore where I'm stuck with Spore's dredful CPF. Hope it doesn't come across as being boastful. I'm simply thankful. I still have a long ways to go to build financial independence. Every little bit helps.

The excerpt below:
The 2017 calendar year delivered strong returns for most UniSuper members, particularly those invested in options with a large allocation to global share markets. Our top three performing investment options were Global Environmental Opportunities, Global Companies in Asia and International Shares, with returns of 20.1%, 19.3%, and 17.2% respectively.

Our Balanced option, which has almost $20 billion in assets, recorded a healthy 11.9% (13.2% for pension members), and has now notched up six consecutive calendar years of positive returns.


Daniel Yong

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blog Archive