Monday, January 29, 2018

DBS Bank has improved its call center processes

I remembered an incident about 10 years ago. I called the call center of DBS Bank. Their process was terrible. I had to go through many layers of screening. Even their verification was quite tiresome.

I called DBS Bank this morning to report that I did not received a replacement credit card. I was pleasantly surprised. They have simplified their filtering and verification processes. The transaction went through without much hassle.

It took DBS Bank 10 years to simplify their processes. It is all right. After all, they are in Singapore and it does take time, maybe 10 years, to change the SOPs imposed by their managers who are trained under the Singapore system.

At least DBS Bank recognized the inefficiency of the old processes and took steps to change them. They deserve my compliment.

Never mind that it took them 10 years. Many other organizations in Singapore are still keeping their inefficient and tiresome processes.

I asked the call center staff for her name. She had a Filipino accent. She told me that she is Eloise and is based in Singapore (not in the Philippines). I wonder if it is true? Probably is.




No comments:

Blog Archive