Monday, July 08, 2019

Fake profile in Facebook messenger

Someone created a profile in Messenger pretending to be me.

A friend spotted it and informed Facebook that the profile is fake. Facebook contacted me. I confirmed that I did not create a new profile.

Facebook removed that profile.

I expect Facebook to implement measures to verify the identity of the person who created a profile. This will probably take them some time.

I did not send any message to my ten thousand over fans to warn them about that fake profile. If they come across a profile that does not appear to be from me, I am sure that they would just ignore it or they could alert me. I will be able to tell Facebook that it is fake.

I do not over-react to people who create fake profiles by sending large number of messages to warn my friends.

No comments:

Blog Archive