Saturday, January 04, 2020

Do not accept nonsensical requirement

A few people mocked me by being confused with the instruction to submit an passport size photograph to renewal a passport.

I was confused because I was thinking of a physical photograph. How can I submit it online?

These "smart" people knew that ICA only required the to submit an image that is cropped to passport size. Surely they should know that other people might be confused? Why can't ICA ask for an image to be submitted, instead of a passport size photo?

Why are these "smart" people so arrogant and unempathetic? It is a bad behavior trait, but quite common.

Some of them are quite helpful in suggesting that I could download an app to do the work. I followed their suggestion and download an app. It contained detailed instruction and would probably take me 1 hour to understand it and get the photo suitable for ICA.

I realize that if ICA allowed me to submit an ordinary photo that is front facing, they could use a software to do the work, i.e. zoom, crop and change background, and get it done for 2 minutes. Why force the public to spend 1 hour when their staff could get it done in 2 minutes?

Here is my message to the "smart" people. You know how to get around the troublesome process implemented by ICA. By so doing, ICA does not realize that they could change and improve their process to benefit the community. Are you really that "smart" to accept the nonsensical requirement?












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My parents are also unfamiliar with technology. Unless really necessary I find time to help them, especially passport renewal.

Blog Archive