Friday, January 17, 2020

My Tesla story - episode 1

I will continue my Tesla story for those who are interested to follow me. This story is not for people who are cleverer than me, and who post remarks "I told you so".

When Tesla was on the way "to the moon", I sold 100 shares at $517 and another 100 shares at $524. I still kept 100 shares.

The shares went up to $540 in the pre-market. During the subsequent two nights, it dropped at the worse point to $500 (drop of 7.4%), due to two negative forecast from Tesla bears. It closed at $513. I watched the price moved up from $500 but was not brave enough to buy (I am not HC, OK?)

Hello, a drop of $40 on 100 shares is USD 4,000, ok? Don't play play.

I now have to decide. Should I sell my 100 shares or buy another 100 shares? I will consider carefully and make my decision later.

I can show you how to be "clever". At one place, I will post "sell" and give the reasons. At another place, I will post "buy" and give another set of reasons.

After the price has moved, I will refer to the "correct" post and say "I told you so". Clever or not?

It is easy to be "clever" with the benefit of hindsight, but it is difficult when the speculator has to decide with real money. A middle step is to open a "demo account" with Plus 500 and invest with "fake money". It is still difficult.

What say you?

No comments:

Blog Archive