Thursday, April 14, 2022

Easy to use AirSIM in Johor

I went to Johor on 12 April. I bought a Starhub data pack for 1G for $5 for 1 day. I had a terrible experience.


The package did not work. I got "no internet connection" most of the way. After a lot of trouble, I learned that they connect automatically to UMobile 3G which is not operating now. They did not allow a selection of other operator.

Fortunately, I had a second SIM card in my mobile phone from AirSIM. I run the app and selected a local package for $3. I was asked to reboot the mobile phone. The internet came on immediately.

I have no trouble at all.

I will use AirSIM for all my overseas travel in the future. Their app is easy to use and the charges are lower than Starhub. Most importantly, it came to my rescue.

It is deplorable for a Singapore telco (Starhub) to have such a bad experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In Malaysia, it is the corruption. In Singapore, even established companies and commissioned-earning personnel used unscrupulous means to cheat, steal and rob their consumers and they get away with it. It has become more prevalent when LKY is no more around. The innocent do not feel they are protected anymore. I know some people who had applied to emigrate but were not successful. Bit by bit this country is becoming hell and the current PM has made a habit of turning a blind eye. As long as the succession is still from PAP, we better start to pray hard. People are really feeling that lives have become worse.🤞🙏🤢

Blog Archive