Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Give helpful feedback

When a person ask for my advice,

a) I look for what is right
b) I am supportive
c) I assume that that person had thought over the matter and is likely to be right

If I have to give a different perspective, I share my experience, so that he can see if it is relevant. I do not presume that I am right.

I avoid taking this posture
d) Think that I am smarter than he is
e) Look for worse case scenarios
f) Be a wet blanket.

Sadly, many people belong to the second category. I find them to be not helpful. After a while, I avoid them.

Tan Kin Lian
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The feedback now is from Dr Vivian to the government to build multi-generation homes for the people who want to live under one roof, without too many terms and conditions for eligibility.
Maybe so far less than 1% of the families are able to do so under Ridout.

Anonymous said...

There was this family of 5.
Only the master bedroom has got an attached toilet.
The other 3 siblings share a common toilet in the hallway.
The middle one has hygiene problems with toilet flushing.
The other number 1 and 3 constantly gave feedback to their parents and expect them to solve it.
The parents gave feedback to the middle child about his unhygienic toilet business.
The middle child feedback to the parents: "Why are you always siding with those two?"
Now we know why there are lots of unmarried singles. They don't want to compromise their lives for someone else. My feedback.

Blog Archive