A client bought a policy from another insurer sold through a bank. She pays a premium of $50 a month through GIRO. The return is guaranteed to be $10,360 on the maturity date at the end of 15 years.
Is this a good return?
No. The return is 1.85% per annum.
Many people are not well educated. The older folks are being talked into buying a policy that they do not know in details.
My advice. If you are approached to buy a policy through a bank, and you do not know much about it, please ask before you get committed.
Know what you buy.
- ► 2013 (301)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
05/07 - 05/14
- How to save for a child?
- Equity markets are "correcting"
- Advice: Don't buy structured products
- Insurance Business Center
- Be careful about product advertisements
- 30,000 happy policyholders
- Good return on money market fund
- Poor return from a policy sold through a bank
- Client invested another $300,000 in the Combined F...
- Policyholder got an attractive return
- Comparison of premium rates - medical plans
- I moved to Global Equity
- Do you believe a broker who is driven by commissio...
- Enhanced Incomeshield
- Poor return from 10 year endowment
- Are the stockmarkets too high?
- Safe Deposit Box
- Feedback: Financial Tips for the Young
- ▼ 05/07 - 05/14 (18)
- ► 2005 (159)