I have $120,000 of my CPF savings invested in the Combined Fund (Growth) and Singapore Equity Fund. I have just decided to switch these investments into the Global Equity fund.
Here are my reasons.
1. The forecast PE ratio of USA and UK are expected to drop by about 15% to below 16 times. This suggest that earnings may increase by 15% during the next 12 months.
2. The forecast PE ratio of Singapore is likely to increase by 15% to above 16 times. This suggest that the earnings of Singapore companies may drop by 15%.
3. The Singapore market has done very well up to now. It is moving up further, after the general election. I decided that it is time to make a switch.
I continue to have other investments in the Combined Fund (Growth) and in other funds that are invested in Singapore equities.
- ► 2013 (301)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
05/07 - 05/14
- How to save for a child?
- Equity markets are "correcting"
- Advice: Don't buy structured products
- Insurance Business Center
- Be careful about product advertisements
- 30,000 happy policyholders
- Good return on money market fund
- Poor return from a policy sold through a bank
- Client invested another $300,000 in the Combined F...
- Policyholder got an attractive return
- Comparison of premium rates - medical plans
- I moved to Global Equity
- Do you believe a broker who is driven by commissio...
- Enhanced Incomeshield
- Poor return from 10 year endowment
- Are the stockmarkets too high?
- Safe Deposit Box
- Feedback: Financial Tips for the Young
- ▼ 05/07 - 05/14 (18)
- ► 2005 (159)