The global stockmarkets has been recovering during the past two weeks.
As an example, the Japanese market (as reflected by the Nikkei index) fell from a peak of 17,500 two months ago, to a low of 14,300 (about 18%) and has now recoverd to 15,700 (up 10% from its low).
The other stockmarkets displayed a similar pattern, but not to the same extent as reflected in Japan.
The Combined Growth Fund from NTUC Income reflect a smaller degree of fluctuation, as it is 30% invested in bonds. At the lowest point, the drop was 8%. It has since partially recovered.
For a long term investor, it is time to make an investment when the price is still low.
- ► 2013 (304)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
07/02 - 07/09
- Tips on choosing your investment
- Bank wealth planner provide misleading information...
- Delay in approval of Enhanced Incomeshield
- Fly back to Singapore after watching World Cup
- Village life in Bavaria, Germany
- FIFA World Cup Semi-Finals (France v Portugal)
- Global stockmarkets are recovering
- Invest in specialised funds?
- Global stockmarkets are now recovering
- Will NTUC Income close down its small funds?
- 3 tips for the young - worth at least $20,000
- Why do travel website only recommend 1 travel insu...
- Do not give $20,000 away!
- Earn 3% and more on your un-fixed deposits
- Customer choose to buy insurance directly
- My World Cup Experience
- ▼ 07/02 - 07/09 (16)
- ► 2005 (159)