SINGAPORE, Tuesday, 18 July 2006 -- NTUC Income is offering assistance to owners of parallel-import Toyota cars recently recalled for their faulty steering. The affected models are Toyota Prius, Wish, Isis, Ractis and Corolla.
On 5 July, a Straits Times article reported a recall of about 5,000 cars to fix this faulty steering has run into problems because some of the importers have closed down.
"We understand that some of our policyholders who have bought their cars from parallel-importers are experiencing difficulties in replacing the faulty steering, as their parallel-importers have closed down or are unable to honour their warranties. Without the proper replacement of these faulty steerings, we are concerned about their safety on the road," said Mr Freddy Neo, General Manager of
Singapore's largest motor insurer, NTUC Income, has written to offer assistance to 2,759 of its affected policyholders.
NTUC Income is referring a professional workshop to carry out the replacement of their steering at a cost of S$250 plus GST. In addition, the insurer has given its policyholders an option to repay their replacement costs in five instalments.
While waiting for the parts to arrive in Singapore, a check-cum-tightening of the steering assembly can be arranged at the workshop at no additional charge.
Policyholders who require more information may contact NTUC Income's motor hotline at 98Income (98 462263).
- ► 2013 (345)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
07/16 - 07/23
- A few months to clear our backlog. Sorry.
- Best Deal for your cash
- Be careful of complex product
- Existing motor polichholder wants to enjoy install...
- Annuitant Club
- Logic9 (Sudoka) keeps a friend actively engaged
- A touching show of trust
- My fond memory of Lim Kim San
- Views on the Singapore Economy
- How is interest calcuated on Flexi-Cash?
- NTUC Income assists owners of parellel-import Toyo...
- Insure against personal liability of directors and...
- Difficult to access Blogspot in Kunming China
- ▼ 07/16 - 07/23 (13)
- ► 2005 (159)