Some visitors to my blog are competitor agents or financial advisers. They accuse me of being biased in my views posted in this blog.
They are mistaken.
I give my honest views. I do make a judgement of what facts are fair and relevant. For example, I do not look at small investment funds, because the results are volatile. I consider them to be not suitale for long term financial planning.
Some of the large funds under NTUC Income perform slightly worse than the market. For example, our bond funds. I do not hesitate to show them, and explain why this is the case (if I know the reason).
Generally, the equity funds under NTUC Income perform well during the past three years. They earn 2% to 3% per annum better than most similar funds. I suspect that this is due to our lower charges.
Although the actual difference in charges is only 0.5% or 1%, I think that the other funds may have other charges that are not disclosed. In our case, we do NOT have any additional hidden charges.
I do not rule out that the difference could be due to the better performance of our managers. But, I think that it is mainly due to luck. In some years, certain managers may perform well, but this may reverse in other years. Over a longer period, the performance or good luck will balance out.
The low cost funds are likely to give a better return to the investors. This has been the result of many research done in America over the past decades.
- ► 2013 (314)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
08/20 - 08/27
- Liability on Motor Accident
- Good points of other insurance company's products
- Some problem in the backyard
- Income Focus: Message to policyholders
- Your blog widen my knowledge of financial product
- Report by Standard & Poors on Investment Funds
- Virtual contact center
- You can get $228,000 more from NTUC Income
- Join NTUC Income to do insurance sales
- I hope that more Singaporeans visit your blog
- Practical system to control hot and cold water
- I give my honest views
- ▼ 08/20 - 08/27 (12)
- ► 2005 (159)